Each and every women wants to get a long and healthy hair. Hair is an important biomaterial component which is primarily composed of proteins and keratin. Though hair growth may be controlled by genetic factors there are some ways are available to improve the rate of new hair growth. Here are a few things which will help you to get the long and healthy hair you always dreamt of:
- One of the major things which determines the hair growth is nutrition. As we need Proteins, Carbohydrates and Vitamins to survive and the same goes for our hair too. Generally hair is made of Protein so it needs Proteins, Amino Acids and Vitamin B Complex to stay healthy. The first step to keep your hair healthy is to increase protein intake.
- Vitamins are also very very important for healthy hair because vitamin B complex which includes Vitamin b-6, inositol, beta carotene, folic acid and biotin are among the most beneficial ones for the hair. The best way to get the needed vitamins is to have green and colored vegetables which have rich contents of these vitamins.
- Stress can also be a reason for hair loss as well as reduce hair growth rate and make your hair unhealthy. To keep your hair healthy and growing avoid stress and proper sleep is necessary. A 7 to 8 hours sleep every day is necessary to keep your body fit. At the time of sleep your body will spend the energy on hair growth and repair the damaged cells, so inadequate sleep equals to less growth and damage.
- Hair grows at the rate of half inch in each month so it grows 6 inches per year at average. But due to the regular damage, styling and other reasons your hair get split ends and damaged cuticles. It is proven that the healthy hair is always grows faster than damaged hair and so visiting the salon every 6 to 8 weeks is advised. Let the hair dresser to trim the lower portion of the hair and you need not trim a lot but half inch every three months, this will ensure that the damage is minimum and your hair is looking healthy.
- Massaging the scalp for 5 to 10 minutes each day will help to stimulate blood flow into your scalp. An increase in the blood flow can help the hair to get additional nutrients. Keeping fit will also help in stimulating blood flow into the whole body. Pure lavender oil massaged on the scalp every alternate day can promote your hair growth.
- It is recommended that every one should wash the hair with lukewarm water and finish washing it with cold water. This technique helps to close all the open cuticles and shafts sealing in the nourishment and helps to reduce the hair fall rate at minimum. Using cold water at the last wash will help to keep your hair shiny. Don’t use hot water as it damages the hair, weakens it and making it more prone to breakage.
- Deep conditioning of your hair twice a month maybe from a salon or at home with natural products will keep your hair nourished and healthy.